Sunday, October 16, 2016

The Gunters

I was privileged to attend a 50th wedding anniversary celebration for David and Trudy Gunter yesterday afternoon. 

I can hardly remember a time that the Gunters were not in my life. Trudy and my mother met when Mama joined the Newcomer's Club shortly after we moved to Vicksburg in 1968. David became our vet and took care of many of the Nelson dogs over the years. I remember babysitting their children, sometimes being treated to pre-performances of the girl's dance recitals or terrorized with some fake, but real looking bug by Tony. 

The Gunters have stuck by each other and my family through thick and thin. They stayed in the ICU waiting room with us the Christmas that my Mama died. They were there for my Daddy when he was dealing with his final illness. Dr. David was the one who came to the house and talked with my husband when he was facing surgery for lung cancer. Friends like this are rare and to be cherished. 

The Gunters also have three terrific kids, who are bright, accomplished, and have hearts not only for themselves and their immediate families, but for the wider world as well. They learned this from their parents, who are always helping people. 

The world needs more Gunters. May they have many more anniversaries. 

 

 





 

No comments:

Bah Humbug?

  I was messaging with a friend today and she said that she had some "Bah Humbug" going on, but she did not know why. That got me ...