Friday, March 06, 2009

Not Mine

Today, a friend who is has been in a local nursing home rehabbing from a car wreck called me. She was frantic. Scheduled to go home today via nursing home van, the powers that be were trying to renege on the arrangement. Her only surviving child lives in New Orleans and her friends are in no condition to pack up all her belongings to move her home. Including me.

I did not volunteer. I offered to try to think of someone who could do this for her, but I just refused to make her crisis, MY crisis. I set a firm boundary. I figured that if the nursing home was not being paid to keep her any longer, they would find a way to get her home.

Sure enough, they did.

Money (or lack thereof) talks.


4 comments:

Eleanor said...

I know this was hard for you, but I'm proud of you!!!

Melissa said...

I am so proud of you my friend! Baby steps :)

SuziQoregon said...

Good for you!!!

auntie-c said...

Finally catching up on blogs and have to say I'm proud of you for setting this boundary, dear one. You needed to do so for your own health.

Bah Humbug?

  I was messaging with a friend today and she said that she had some "Bah Humbug" going on, but she did not know why. That got me ...