Saturday, August 01, 2009

Good Day


Today was a lovely day. One of the first nice things that happened was a phone call from my 92 years young friend, Louise. I love talking to Louise. She always asks how I am doing and really wants to know the answer.

The second lovely thing was going "tax-free" lingerie shopping at our local outlet mall with DH's blessing. Nothing fancy, but I do love new nighties!

And last, but not least, lunch at one of my favorite eateries Cafe Anchuca with two of my favorite people from Montgomery, Alabama. They were in Vicksburg for the weekend bringing their son to his Americorps assignment. Above is the "Cafe Burger" featuring pimento cheese and bacon. Yummy!

I must admit, after a week of constant requests and demands, a day like today is a tonic.

And I don't even need gin with it.

1 comment:

Eleanor said...

It was a very good day for us, too! Lunch couldn't have been nicer -- what a beautiful place -- and we even loved the downpour we got caught in at the riverfront afterwards!

Vicksburg is just beautiful.

Bah Humbug?

  I was messaging with a friend today and she said that she had some "Bah Humbug" going on, but she did not know why. That got me ...