Thursday, October 11, 2012

"No Daddy" Birthday

Tomorrow will be the first birthday I have ever celebrated without my Daddy. I am still trying to totally wrap my head around the fact that he won't be calling me to sing his off key rendition of "Happy Birf Birf" to me. There are times when I can almost pretend he is still over at his house just 5 minutes away. But, this is not one of those times. This is one of those times when the "Daddy shaped" hole in my heart is aching. 

Maybe, if I listen very closely, I can "hear" the echoes of happy birthday songs past. More than a little off key of course. 

2 comments:

Carrie said...

I'm not sure what is worse frankly. They not there to celebrate your birthday or not being there to celebrate yours - both hard. Hugs on the FIRST one..

Linda said...

Some holes never get filled. Many hugs and wishes for a Happy Birthday even as you miss your Daddy.

Bah Humbug?

  I was messaging with a friend today and she said that she had some "Bah Humbug" going on, but she did not know why. That got me ...