Sunday, February 17, 2013

Tired

Like so many who have had the "crud" this Winter, I am sure I am not the only one who is just tired. Tired of coughing. Tired of losing sleep. Tired of taking seemingly endless medications. Tired of being tired!

The mind and body are sometimes incompatibly intertwined. The body becomes tired and the mind seems to automatically follow suit. 

One of the things I think I am most tired of is people saying "Well, you have been sick for 10 days! Aren't you about OVER it?" As if that is going to somehow make me buck up and get well?

I wish!

Fatigue seems to color my mood more than my pain does. I can and do muscle through a certain amount of pain every day. But after a while, "tired" gets me. It saps my creativity. Dulls my brain. Plays havoc with my attention span. 

I am sure that this is mostly just lack of sleep talking and it will improve when I really AM over the "crud." 

But, for now, I am...

Tired. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I completely understand, as this "crud" can really take a toll on the body and mind. You are not alone,I am suffering with you. I wish you God speed healing

Bah Humbug?

  I was messaging with a friend today and she said that she had some "Bah Humbug" going on, but she did not know why. That got me ...