Friday, July 01, 2011

Weary

After two days of more than usual activity, I woke up this morning already weary. But, it is more than the physical tiredness. I am weary to the soul. So many of my friends and family are going through tough times. My nature is such that I "go through" these times with them on both physical and emotional levels. And 99% of the time, I would not have it any other way.

I have a list of people I need to call and check on and things I need to do. But today I am having trouble mustering up the energy to do any of these things. I am so exhausted that a just getting in the shower seems to be a Herculean task.

This is a time when I am going to have to disengage for just a bit, find some ways to refresh and renew my own strength, and get some rest.

I just have to do it.

4 comments:

Linda said...

(((Karen))) I'm glad you're taking the time you need to take care of YOU. Hope you find something that feeds your soul, and reenergizes you.

Chris said...

Dear friend, You are like an angel. I wish I could span the miles and give you a hug. Rest and know you are being thought of.

Anonymous said...

This time of year when it is so unbearably hot, I think it just drags people down physically and emotionally.

Hugs to you!

Zaa said...

Finding a quiet place for yourself is excellent therapy for the soul..infact it's healthy ... so relax and know that it's OK....HUGS

Bah Humbug?

  I was messaging with a friend today and she said that she had some "Bah Humbug" going on, but she did not know why. That got me ...