Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Artist's Block

I realize that in times of stress and exhaustion, art has to take a backseat for awhile. That is normal. But, it can be very hard to get back into a creative spirit once life is getting back to normal. 

So, I bring out my "positive self talk" and work to end the creative drought.

Things I say to myself:

1. This creative drought is normal under the circumstances and will not last forever.

2. Everything I paint does not have to be a masterpiece. Just getting color on paper is important and therapeutic.


3. it is OK to paint just for myself. To paint what I want to paint regardless of how anyone else might receive it.

4. For better or worse, I AM an artist, and I always will be. 

 

1 comment:

Michelle (Isabelle) said...

Great approach to art and getting back into touch with your creative spirit, Karen. I love what you say "It is okay to paint just for me" ... So true! Enjoy your painting and reconnecting with your creative spirit. I find art, in whatever form, is a great emotional outlet to help work through things we experience in our lives. God Bless!

Bah Humbug?

  I was messaging with a friend today and she said that she had some "Bah Humbug" going on, but she did not know why. That got me ...