Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Passionate

I spent part of last night on Facebook, trying to fix my page so that everyone did not have to see every like, comment, and page that I follow. Facebook used to have an option to disable comments and likes, but I can't find that now. Go figure.

I find that as I grow older, I have become so much more passionate about life and the world around me. Social media has introduced me to people, places, and causes I would never have known about otherwise. This is a "mixed" blessing. I spent much of my early life being afraid to express myself. One of the wonderful things about middle age is that this fear is largely gone. :)

I have become quite passionate about politics. I am passionate about equal rights for ALL of God's children, no matter where they may be found. I am passionate about Fair Trade and trying to buy as many things as possible from local artisans or from places where I know people are paid a fair wage for their labors. I am passionate about art and music. I am passionate about shelter for the homeless, medical care for the poor, and safe daycare. I am passionate about my family and friends. I am passionate about mental health, taking care of self, and setting boundaries. I am passionate about following my bliss. And most of all, I am passionate about my little church in Hermanville and trying to do what Jesus would have me do. 

Go out today and be passionate about something. You will be glad you did.   

No comments:

Bah Humbug?

  I was messaging with a friend today and she said that she had some "Bah Humbug" going on, but she did not know why. That got me ...