Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Makeup!

I remember once, not too long after I married, my husband wanted to go somewhere on the spur of the moment. For some reason, I had not yet put on my makeup that day, but I gathered my purse and headed for the door. 

My husband looked at me in disbelief. "Are you going to go without MAKEUP??" I honestly didn't think he really noticed makeup, as I did not wear a whole lot and what I wore was pretty subtle. 

I was wrong.

There was a time when men would claim to want their wives, sisters, daughters, or girlfriends not to wear makeup. They would claim that we were 'pretty enough already', 'we didn't need that stuff', etc. 

But, propose to actually go out (WITH THEM) without makeup, and it was another story. Many men want us to look natural. They just have no idea how much time, effort, and money it takes to achieve that 'natural' look! 

There are women who are so gorgeous that they honestly don't need the tiniest bit of artifice. There are women who can go without makeup and feel totally comfortable. I am not either of these women. As I get older, getting a natural look becomes harder and harder. And more and more expensive! 

I find my ideal makeup at Sephora and Ulta. 

My husband pays the bills without a word. 

And I don't leave home without it. 

 


No comments:

Bah Humbug?

  I was messaging with a friend today and she said that she had some "Bah Humbug" going on, but she did not know why. That got me ...