Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Where Everybody Knows Your Name


Cheers debuted during my last year of (my first tour) of graduate school in 1982. I heard people talking about this show, but I never really had time to watch it. I did like the catchy theme song: Where Everybody Knows Your Name. 

I tend to choose the restaurants I frequent not only for the food, but for the personnel. I have my favorites. Nancy at Cracker Barrel has been waiting on me since they opened in Vicksburg. The folks at Martins at Midtown are always pleasant. The waitresses at Goldie's know what my husband is going to order before he orders it. Even the young lady at the Frontage Road McDonald's knows that I am headed to church when I stop there early on Sunday mornings to get my weekly McGriddle and sweet tea. My favorite place in Vicksburg to eat is Billy's. Brady,  Karen, Jessica, Sarah, Kylie, and TyAnn all take good care of me. I know that I am going to get consistent food and service. 

I am saddened when favorite restaurants change hands or staff that I am particularly fond of leaves. Toney's is not quite the same without Mike, who left to become a car salesman. I miss Brian at Martin's. Another favorite place has disappointingly changed ownership and personnel many times in just a few months. I guess I am just getting old and crochety. When I spend my dollars in restaurants, I don't want it to be like a box of chocolates. I want to know what I am going to get! 





 

No comments:

Bah Humbug?

  I was messaging with a friend today and she said that she had some "Bah Humbug" going on, but she did not know why. That got me ...