Tuesday, April 17, 2018

May 21st

May 21st is the day I have scheduled to get my second hip replaced. 

I am not looking forward to the process, but I know that in the longer term, I will feel much better. I have total confidence in my surgeon, Dr. Matthew Futvoye at Capital Orthopedics. 

I have a much better idea of what to expect this time and I am already doing what I can to make sure this experience goes more smoothly. I have a little over a month to get ready. I am pretending I am Rocky, getting ready to go a few rounds with Apollo Creed. Or The Little Engine that Could. I think I can, I think I can...

After this, I hope I am through replacing parts for a while. I have no desire to be the Bionic Woman before I even hit 60. As my friend, the late Joyalene Oaks told me once, "Karen, after 40, it's patch, patch, patch!" She was not kidding! 

I am already asking for prayers, good thoughts, etc, for a smooth surgery, good nursing care, and transfer to a GOOD nursing home upon release from the hospital. 

Thanks in advance. 


No comments:

Bah Humbug?

  I was messaging with a friend today and she said that she had some "Bah Humbug" going on, but she did not know why. That got me ...