Monday, July 09, 2018

Second Chances

I've been thinking a lot about second chances lately. I know that I have been granted a number of them in my life and I am thankful for them.

I am getting SO tired of constant social media posts that dredge up transgressions from as many as 50 years ago. Seriously? People can and do change. In one case, a person became a Christian and has issued an apology for actions done as a young person. But no one ever bothers to look up the rest of the story. Instead, they gleefully pass on this antiquated garbage. 

I totally get that in some cases, a second chance should not be given. In cases of physical and/or sexual abuse, it is just too dangerous to grant another chance. In cases where an addict or alcoholic is still actively using, steering clear is a good idea. 

Think about the second chances that you have been given. Have you received a second chance at life due to a medical procedure? Have you been able to beat an addiction? Has someone in the right place at the right time kept you from taking your own life? Has your spouse taken you back after finding out you cheated on him or her and is willing to give your marriage another chance? 

If you have had the gift of a second chance, could it be time to give one to someone else? 


No comments:

Bah Humbug?

  I was messaging with a friend today and she said that she had some "Bah Humbug" going on, but she did not know why. That got me ...