Thursday, October 31, 2019

Feeding Critters, Part 2

This is my husband's little buddy. He comes up to the step right before the landing of our back doorstep to get his breakfast every morning. At first, he would disappear down his hole and he might not be seen for the rest of the day. 

However, Mr.Chipmunk must have decided to read The Hobbit. He now comes back a couple of hours after his breakfast looking quite pitiful. So, Bill began feeding him a "second breakfast." At least he does not seem to expect lunch! The total sum of what he gets is about one walnut half. After that, he seems content. 

Of course, if the neighbor dogs see Bill go out and feed the chipmunk, they begin barking for THEIR treats. And, usually, my husband obliges with the doggie treats we keep, although we have no dog of our own. 

When we went to Seashore Assembly last week, I was too sick to want to do much of anything. So, I sat and watched the squirrels and the water. Bill, wanting to see how close the squirrels would come to us, bought a jar of unsalted peanuts and began feeding THEM too! I am sure that, given time, they might even eat out of Bill's hand. 

Maybe I need to start a "Go Fund" to help cover the cost of all the nuts my husband feeds any available critters.

Bill, the critter feeder. 

It has a nice ring, don't you think? 

No comments:

Bah Humbug?

  I was messaging with a friend today and she said that she had some "Bah Humbug" going on, but she did not know why. That got me ...