Thursday, July 16, 2020

Hitting the Wall

Last night, I hit the wall, physically, spiritually, and emotionally. I try not to let myself get to this point very often, but sometimes it just kind of sneaks up on me. 

Between the virus, losing friends to it, the heat, the lack of being able to hug and touch people, and concern for a loved one who has been diagnosed with cancer, it has been a heck of a year! 

None of my usual stress busters was working last night. Prayer, solitaire, music, card making, mindless TV, nothing was working last night. Some times things are just like that. I realized that it was time to rearrange my schedule (such as it is!) to accommodate the way I am feeling now. There are things that don't HAVE to be done RIGHT NOW and it is OK just to leave them for another day. 

Once I did that, I went to bed and slept for 8 hours for the first time since I can't remember when. And, today is better.  I bought some beautiful tomatoes and peaches at The Tomato Place, came home and made myself a BLT. This afternoon, I am going to take a nap. This is a stressful time for everyone. 

Take care of yourselves. 


No comments:

Bah Humbug?

  I was messaging with a friend today and she said that she had some "Bah Humbug" going on, but she did not know why. That got me ...