Monday, January 15, 2007

Friend Girl

Today my husband's "friend girl" arrives from out of town. He met her when he was in the Navy years ago and he was stationed in her town. Every three years or so, she comes to visit him. And I get a bit blue.

Don't get me wrong. I trust my husband with all my heart and soul. And I know that there is nothing romantic between them anymore. I am jealous of the things that she can do with him that MG and other health problems keep me from doing. She can go bowling with him. They can go for long walks. She can try out that new restaurant that severe food allergies make me afraid to go near. All things that my husband and I used to do together.

Another thing I am jealous of is that for the next four days, this woman will get my husband's largely undivided time. In the everyday hustle and bustle of married life, I sometimes have to beg for a slice of his time away from work. I know this is normal, but it doesn't keep the green eyed monster totally at bay.

But, this will pass. She will go home to her husband and her life.

And my husband will be all mine again.


3 comments:

SuziQoregon said...

Wow - I have seen you handle so many of the issues with your illness with amazing and admirable grace and courage. I have wished many times that I could have half of either of those qualities that you possess.

On this one, however, I absolutely know that I would throw a fit.

Once again I have to say that you are WAY nicer than I am.

auntie-c said...

What Q said... all of it.

hugs...

love you,
~c

Eleanor said...

Some days it sucks to be an understanding wife.

(((Karen)))

Bah Humbug?

  I was messaging with a friend today and she said that she had some "Bah Humbug" going on, but she did not know why. That got me ...