Saturday, June 20, 2009

Drained

What is it about sitting in a hospital room that is so draining? Even if your person sleeps most of the time and is not demanding, there is just something about hanging out in a hospital room that is exhausting. I know I am not the only person to experience this.

My theory is that even while sitting, my mind and body are in a state of hyper-alertness, ready to deal with any situation that might come up. There is no real relaxed state in this situation. I guess after several hours in this state, it is not unusual to feel like I have been "beat with an ugly stick" (as my mom used to say) when I leave a hospital after sitting with a loved one.

My "shift" starts at 5 PM. I think I am gonna take a nap.


No comments:

Bah Humbug?

  I was messaging with a friend today and she said that she had some "Bah Humbug" going on, but she did not know why. That got me ...