Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Store Closing

I was informed today that one of my main happy places, The Craft Store, is closing its doors in a few weeks. This is where I have taken art classes, had things framed, and been able to get at least some of my art supplies locally.  The stores core clientele is dedicated, but there are just not enough of us to keep them afloat. 

Most of all, however, it has been a place to gather. A place to talk. Over the years, Pam, Barbara, Carla, Kathy, Teresa, Sam and I have solved the problems of the world, laughed till we hurt, and been there for each other through good and bad events. 

I am going to miss it terribly. 


1 comment:

Melissa Foster Denney said...

Karen~

I'm so sorry. It is hard to see an old friend of a business disappear. Times are getting harder and harder for small businesses.

I hope this doesn't mean an end to your watercolor classes.

Peace.

M.

Bah Humbug?

  I was messaging with a friend today and she said that she had some "Bah Humbug" going on, but she did not know why. That got me ...