Thursday, September 17, 2009

Strange Dreams

Last night, I took my first dose of a cough syrup that my doc had prescribed so that I could hopefully stop coughing long enough to sleep.

That did not happen. It did calm this everlasting cough, but it made me wide awake. Thank goodness for Facebook at 2AM!

When I finally DID sleep, I had the strangest dream I have had in a very long time. For some reason, I was panicking about not calling my mama. I kept trying different phones and they were all broken. I was throwing the useless phones across the room. In my dream, my husband had to remind me that my mother is dead and has been for years.

Not sure what brought that dream on. Maybe it was a conversation I was having yesterday with a childhood friend whose mama was one of my mama's best friends. They were a colorful pair and are probably playing a never ending game of canasta up there in Heaven.

I still feel a bit bereft. On Christmas, Mama will have been gone 19 years.

But I still miss her. I guess I always will.

No comments:

Bah Humbug?

  I was messaging with a friend today and she said that she had some "Bah Humbug" going on, but she did not know why. That got me ...