Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Donny

Yes. As in Osmond.

Donny was my first major crush as a young teen. I bought the Teen Beat magazines, the records, and the posters. That combo of olive skin, dark hair, and killer smile was the stuff of a thousand adolescent dreams. He was almost two years my senior which made him the "perfect" age.

As I got older, I outgrew the Osmond's music. But I never outgrew Donny. I followed the ups and downs of his career. I read about his family. I saw him in "Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat."

Now he is on "Dancing With the Stars." Now an almost 52 year old father of 5 and grandfather of 2, the hair is a little thinner and middle a bit thicker. But I still think he is adorable.

And I am rooting for him.

No comments:

Bah Humbug?

  I was messaging with a friend today and she said that she had some "Bah Humbug" going on, but she did not know why. That got me ...