Sunday, September 13, 2009

Typhoid Karen?

For the past two weeks, I have had a garden variety cold. You know the kind where one starts off with a scratchy throat, then the sneezing starts and the last step is the cough that seems to last forever. No fever, headache, body aches, weakness, or anything else to suggest that it was anything more. I am quite reasonably certain that I do not have Swine flu! Last time I had flu of any kind, I was so weak I could barely make it from my bed to the bathroom.

I have taken all the normal precautions. I have stayed completely away from anyone considered high risk. The few times I have been out, I have clutched antibacterial wipes and kept people at arm's length.

I am one of those who opposes the use of antibiotics for things that they will not help, such as viral infections. Plus, they almost always mess with my myasthenia gravis, making me weaker than normal. So, I try to avoid them when I can.

But, symptoms are now pointing to the fact that this may have morphed into a chest infection of some sort, so tomorrow I am calling the doc.

Uncle!


1 comment:

Eleanor said...

Get well!

Bah Humbug?

  I was messaging with a friend today and she said that she had some "Bah Humbug" going on, but she did not know why. That got me ...