Thursday, November 05, 2009

Art Class

Today is my fun day. I get to teach (and I use that term very loosely!) watercolor class at the local Senior Center. I teach 2-3 times a month and would do more if my body would let me.

I could not do this without the help of my students. Several of them come early to help me set up. They put tables together, fill water buckets, tape the paper to the backboards, and drag the easel out the the closet. One precious lady insists on carrying my things out to the van when class is over.

It is so exciting to watch these ladies discover the fun and creativity of watercolor. It is so neat to see the excitement when they see what different techniques will result in. And with watercolor, no two pictures are ever exactly the same.

Who knows? The next Grandma Moses might just be in my class, ready to be "discovered."

No comments:

Bah Humbug?

  I was messaging with a friend today and she said that she had some "Bah Humbug" going on, but she did not know why. That got me ...