Thursday, November 19, 2009

Again?

A few weeks ago, I began noticing numbness, tingling, and loss of function in the ring and pinky fingers of my hands. I tried to ignore it for a bit, hoping it might resolve itself and go away. No such luck.

An MRI has revealed that a disc appears to be protruding into my spinal cord again. I had surgery on the one above it right before my 40th birthday. Looks like I got another one for the big 5-0. I have an appointment with a surgeon December 18th. Meanwhile the pain is a bit nasty.

If I have to have surgery on this, it will be my 5th surgery in 10 years. I keep thinking I am going to run out of things to have surgery on.

An older friend told me once, "Karen, after 40, it's patch, patch, patch."

She wasn't kidding.


1 comment:

pinke.paints said...

That's terrible news! My best wishes for an excellent outcome and speedy recovery. Pinké

Bah Humbug?

  I was messaging with a friend today and she said that she had some "Bah Humbug" going on, but she did not know why. That got me ...