Wednesday, February 03, 2010

De-friending

I just did something I honestly never thought I would do. I de-friended someone on Facebook.

This was not a personal friend, but a friend of a friend. I am usually pretty careful about who I let "in" on Facebook, but this young man did have some intriguing views, so I accepted his friend request.

The first strike came when he told me to "shut my face" after we disagreed on something. I don't take too kindly to someone young enough to be my son talking to me in that manner.

Strikes two and three came when he kept tagging me in his notes. I don't even want to be connected in any way with some of his more extreme views.

So, I marked the x to sever my connection with this young man. I wish him well.




2 comments:

fiona said...

"shut my face" Seriously? How rude.

It's funny I've had quite a few "friend requests", some of whom I know only vaguely; that I gradually realized, it's okay NOT to say yes, to every single friend request. No, I don't have hundreds listed (like my husband!) but nor do I want to.

Good for you for setting boundaries - now where have I heard that before!?

Capt Elaine Magliacane said...

Wow... I too can't believe someone was THAT rude. I must admit I have removed a few 'friends' that were trying to sell me stuff, and I've quickly learned to 'block' all the applications ... I find all that annoying beyond belief.
I have strong opinions too, but I do try not to get in people's face with them... I know the friends that agree with me, and the ones that don't... I respect my friends that disagree, we're old enough and wise enough to realize that we won't change each other's view point... and so we agree to disagree and don't discuss those issues. Wow I have gone on and on haven't I?

Bah Humbug?

  I was messaging with a friend today and she said that she had some "Bah Humbug" going on, but she did not know why. That got me ...