Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Accepted!



Yesterday I took a chance. Already planning to go to Jackson to celebrate the 48th birthday of my younger sister, I decided to stop in with some of my artwork at a nearby art gallery.

The gallery manager, Caitlin, graciously allowed me to leave three pieces to be evaluated by the gallery owner, Richard Mckey. I received an email today that all three pieces were accepted and I was asked to come in and sign paperwork allowing the sale of my work.

I have to admit, I am beyond excited. My work may not sell. But to have the distinction of being chosen to be shown is an honor in itself.

Of course, having a customer come in, fall in love with my work and buy it on the spot would be awfully nice. :)

http://fondrenartgallery.com/

3 comments:

The Mid-Life Crazy Man said...

Congratulations my Scrabble friend! And as you said, "It's an honor to be nominated," but so much more fun and profitable to actually WIN! :-)

auntie-c said...

Delighted hon!

Nancy Eaton said...

Karen, congratulations on the Gallery acceptance! I love your paintings - I hope they sell! Also, thanks for your kind words on my blog!

Bah Humbug?

  I was messaging with a friend today and she said that she had some "Bah Humbug" going on, but she did not know why. That got me ...