Saturday, October 23, 2010

3rd Place!

Tonight I received quite a shock when my friends came up to me at the Vicksburg Art Association Fall Show and told me I had won a ribbon for one of my watercolor paintings. 
I am honored for my name to be among those who have won many ribbons at VAA shows. Watercolor is always the category with the most entries and it is very tough to place in. 


Adding to my excitement was seeing two of my students from the Vicksburg Senior Center sell their first paintings tonight. I am so proud of them I could just burst! They have only been painting for about a year and to see their work sell at this show is just amazing. I don't know who was more thrilled, them or me! 


Next up, the Senior Center Art Show and Sale!



5 comments:

impression of life said...

Congratulations!

fiona said...

congratulations!!!

Judybec said...

Hi Karen
I'm visiting from flickr -- wonderful blog -- I absolutely LOVE the title!!
Congrats again!!!

Karen :) said...

Thanks, y'all! I am pretty happy!

Linda said...

Congratulations!

Bah Humbug?

  I was messaging with a friend today and she said that she had some "Bah Humbug" going on, but she did not know why. That got me ...