Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Never Say Diet

I am almost at the end of month one of the unofficial, no particular program, just trying to count calories and eat more mindfully thing. 

My only real tools are a food scale and a nutrition app on my iPhone. I am not weighing or obsessing. Been there. Done that. I don't know how much weight I have lost. I do know that my face looks a bit thinner, my clothes are getting slightly looser, and my knees are not hurting as much. 

I am not doing anything drastic. I portion out my snacks in single servings, put them in baggies, and keep them in a basket on my counter. I have the calorie counts of each baggie programmed into my app. I have unsalted almonds, pretzels, gumdrops, and even chocolate chips ready when the need for a snack arises. I eat out, but I am eating child size portions in restaurants that offer them. Cracker Barrel has a child plate serving of grilled chicken tenders that is just the right amount. The child's menu at McAlister's offers smaller, but still tasty items. Even Fox's has a "bambino" pizza that is very reasonable, calorie wise, if not loaded with high fat toppings. That said, I will be going to Billy's tomorrow to have the chicken parmesan. It will be most of my calories for the day, but he has been closed for weeks. I need my fix. 

I don't have a goal weight. I figure anything I can get and keep off will help. 

Stay tuned. 


No comments:

Bah Humbug?

  I was messaging with a friend today and she said that she had some "Bah Humbug" going on, but she did not know why. That got me ...