Friday, September 20, 2013

"Chosen"

A few weeks ago, I was approached by my friend, Robyn Lea, about singing in a one woman show she was presenting at The Coral Room theater this Saturday night. I love to sing and this sounded like a really cool thing to be a part of. I eagerly agreed. 

As the time for the show grew closer, there were some bumps in the road. People who had agreed to sing were unavailable. Hoping I still had friends in the music world, I told Robyn that I would try to round up an ensemble. 

I was initially discouraged by refusals and lack of response to my requests for singers. But, I am nothing if not persistent. I prayed for the right people to join in this effort. Then, I took to the phone and the streets to round up the perfect ensemble.

When the eight piece ensemble sang together for the first time Tuesday night, I was completely blown away. We sounded like we had been singing together for years! In spite of my doubts and worries, God had put the right people together in the right place at the right time.

Thursday night we had dress rehearsal. It went amazingly well and I am so excited about this show that I literally cannot sleep.

Now I just pray that God uses what we do Saturday night for His glory.






No comments:

Bah Humbug?

  I was messaging with a friend today and she said that she had some "Bah Humbug" going on, but she did not know why. That got me ...