Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Handicapped Parking (Update)

I am happy to report that the handicapped parking situation at River Region West Campus has been remedied! 

Last time I went to visit my cousin, the misleading handicapped parking sign had been taken down in the front lot. Apparently (after over 30 years??) the angle of the front parking lot was deemed too steep for handicapped parking. This also makes me wonder how the City of Vicksburg gets away with having handicapped spaces on hills such as the one by The Attic Gallery.

But, I digress. I drove around to the back lot. Handicapped parking closer to the door had been created and clearly marked. The door was unlocked this time, and the automatic opening feature was activated. 

I really don't like being the squeaky wheel. (Do I hear comments from the peanut gallery?) But, in this case, it paid off for me and my cousin's daughter, who is also disabled. 

And it was totally worth it. 

 
 

1 comment:

Deborah said...

Go Karen! Way to advocate!

Bah Humbug?

  I was messaging with a friend today and she said that she had some "Bah Humbug" going on, but she did not know why. That got me ...