Monday, November 10, 2014

Reflections

I saw this on a Facebook friend's wall and appropriated it for use in this blog post. I don't think she will mind. :)

The first part of this quote is what I am really focused on at the moment. I have come a long way with the boundary setting. As I get older, my time and energy are getting more precious by the minute. 

The bottom line is that I need to find a couple of more things to drop from my schedule in order to make more time for things I really need to do for my health and new interests. And, of course, my sanity (no comments from the peanut gallery!).


Of course, I am not going to cut church. Hermanville UMC and the people there have become very precious to me. I need my time with fellow believers. I need the sermons, prayers, and songs. I need time to be with God in a sacred space. 

I am trying to hold on to singing at the nursing home. I am quite fond of my older friends and have made new ones there as well.

I want to continue with my art, especially on a personal level. I am having difficulty finding time to do "my" art and this is frustrating.  I hope to hold on to at least some of my Senior Center classes. I admit that the difficulty of trying to find lessons that will please the more experienced students while accommodating the newer ones or the ones with physical limitations is getting overwhelming. I have been teaching for 5 years now and I honestly never thought it would last this long!

But, I also need more time to go to the gym. I need some time to travel a bit and visit family. I want to get more involved in political and social causes. And, I simply need more rest. 

I plan to spend the next few weeks doing some soul searching and praying. Hopefully, by the first of the year, I will have a game plan for making 2015 what I need and want it to be. 







 

No comments:

Bah Humbug?

  I was messaging with a friend today and she said that she had some "Bah Humbug" going on, but she did not know why. That got me ...