Friday, December 25, 2015

Christmas Reflections

Fortunately, blogging about my good December did not jinx my Christmas.

Christmas Eve was lovely. I did some holiday baking for the first time in many years. Sugar cookies, oatmeal cookies, and mini pecan pies were put on trays and in goodie bags to be given to friends and family. 

It was fun to be around some young great nieces and nephews who are new to the family this year. Seeing their excitement about Christmas made the holiday more jolly this year. 

Then, I went to Christmas Eve Communion with my friend Alex Brown and his family at Porter's Chapel UMC. Hermanville does not have a Christmas Eve service, and I have been looking for a place to "be" on Christmas Eve. The pianist playing in the foyer graciously allowed me to sing while people went in and out of the church. I am already planning to go back next year. 

This morning, I stuffed my eggs and went to Granna's house. Granna is my sister's mother in law, but she has adopted my entire family. I am grateful that she invites us all to dinner so that everyone can spend time together. Sharing the holiday with one of my niece and future nephew's friends from England was a joy. I came home to a lovely nap and rented movies from iTunes.

I can't remember when I have had a nicer Christmas. 

 

 

No comments:

Bah Humbug?

  I was messaging with a friend today and she said that she had some "Bah Humbug" going on, but she did not know why. That got me ...