Thursday, June 09, 2016

Lessons

I have learned a lot about myself the week. The good, the bad, and the ugly. I found out just how angry I can get when sufficiently provoked. I realized just how much my art, such as it is, means to me. I have more of my mother in me than I thought. And I have come a long way from the totally non-assertive person who sat crying in a counselor's office 25 years ago. 

I don't want to become one of those perpetually angry and bitter people. You know the type. They are never happy with anything. I am working at not holding on to anger. But, I am learning to be at peace with being human. With losing my cool every now and then. With standing up for myself and what is right. 

Someday, I hope to be more comfortable with justified and properly expressed anger. I am not there yet, but I am working on it. I have many friends to thank for listening to me these past few days and the reassurance they have provided. 

Even Jesus lost his cool with the money changers. Sometimes anger is the appropriate response. 

And that is OK. 



 


No comments:

Bah Humbug?

  I was messaging with a friend today and she said that she had some "Bah Humbug" going on, but she did not know why. That got me ...