Sunday, June 12, 2016

The Wedding

Yesterday I sang for a wedding. Not just any wedding, but that of my niece, Amy. I have no children of my own, so my nieces, nephews, and great nieces are special to me. 

The wedding was fairly short and sweet. Because it was not in a church, the "exit music" allowed for some creativity. Amy is a huge fan of the late Elvis Presley, and I cracked up as they exited the chapel area to the strains of "Burning Love!" 

The reception was fun. I got a kick out of watching the young people dance. This was not the lame dancing I remember from my younger days. These kids all knew complex routines to songs such as "Footloose." A tall boy with red hair was obviously having the time of his life as he skillfully dominated the dance floor. 

I must admit, I was extremely impressed with the young people in the bridal party. These kids are future medical professionals, teachers, lawyers, and scientists. They managed the wedding quite well and were unfailingly kind and helpful to me. My hope for the future was renewed as I interacted with these young folks. 

Of course, I think the bride is the most beautiful there ever was. And the groom is a keeper. He loves my niece, and I have gained a nephew. I know that he will take care of her to the best of his ability.

This one is going to stick. 

No comments:

Bah Humbug?

  I was messaging with a friend today and she said that she had some "Bah Humbug" going on, but she did not know why. That got me ...