Wednesday, June 01, 2016

June (Off to the Races!)

I looked at my calendar this morning and realized the long awaited month of June had arrived. 

This is going to be an busy, exciting, and emotional month for me and my loved ones.

This weekend, friends arrive to attend a fiberfest and to sing at my little church in Hermanville with me. 


 Next weekend, we get my niece, Amy married off to her beloved Craig. But, not before days of making wedding favors, bridal luncheons, and rehearsal. 

Two days after the wedding, my husband and I leave for his family reunion at Lake Taneycomo, Missouri. As I am not able to be out in the heat to hike and fish, I hope to be inside my air conditioned cabin, painting. Hopefully, I will be able to lure the occasional person in to play a game of Scrabble. 

The weekend I return from the family visiting, We will be saying goodbye to our beloved minister at Hermanville UMC. I am sure that tears will be involved. The following weekend, we greet our new minister. As lay leader, I am working to help make the transition as smooth as possible. 

Looking forward to a crazy, busy, and hopefully, fun June!

 

No comments:

Bah Humbug?

  I was messaging with a friend today and she said that she had some "Bah Humbug" going on, but she did not know why. That got me ...