Friday, July 29, 2016

Bumper Stickers

My husband does not like bumper stickers and will not have them on our vehicles. It is an aesthetic thing for him. For harmony's sake, this is something I just don't argue with him about.

I read stories this morning of not one, but TWO of the kindest, nicest people I know have been harassed by Trump supporters for their bumper stickers. Ironically, one of them had  "Give God the Glory" emblazoned in large letters on his back windshield. REALLY???

This is America. I may not agree with another persons choice of candidate, but cursing, harassing, and rude gesturing while driving is not only rude and uncalled for. It is UNSAFE, for crying out loud. 

I came very close to buying the bumper sticker pictured above at the Fair Trade Store today. Critical thinking is definitely not practiced nearly enough these days. But, on days like this, I could bypass the critical. I would be happy if people would just THINK. 

 



 

No comments:

Bah Humbug?

  I was messaging with a friend today and she said that she had some "Bah Humbug" going on, but she did not know why. That got me ...