Monday, July 18, 2016

Let There Be Peace on Earth

I am certain that I am not the only one who is weary of turning on the television or logging into a news site and hearing news of horrific acts of violence all over the world. Ironically, yesterday, I was thinking not only of the USA, but Paris and Turkey as I chose this song for the anthem last Sunday. 

Until I got home from church, I did not know that yet another horrific police slaying was taking place right down the road in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. I began making phone calls to check on my loved ones there.  Thankfully, everyone was OK, but some of them were closer to the violence than I would have wished. 

I am so weary of the black and white, uncompromising thinking of today's world. Let there be peace, not just in America, but all over the world. 

 

No comments:

Bah Humbug?

  I was messaging with a friend today and she said that she had some "Bah Humbug" going on, but she did not know why. That got me ...