Sunday, December 04, 2016

Missed Adventure

This is where I was supposed to be this weekend. Vermilionville is a place I have wanted to visit since I heard of it and this was going to be a 33rd anniversary celebration weekend. 

Of course, after weeks and weeks of no rain, the Heavens decided to open up on this of all weekends. This tour requires a lot of "outside" time and we were advised to wait for more clement weather. Coupled with my touch of a bug, it was a no-brainer. 

Hopefully, soon, we will be able to take our trip. I love history and this place sounds fascinating. I want to meet the Golden Girls (Sophia the hinnie, and Blanche, Rose, and Dorothy, the sheep) who spent several harrowing weeks camping out on the porch of one of the buildings during the flooding. And, I want a hug from my old theater buddy, Brady McKellar! 

Go check them out! 

https://www.facebook.com/Vermilionville/

No comments:

Bah Humbug?

  I was messaging with a friend today and she said that she had some "Bah Humbug" going on, but she did not know why. That got me ...