Saturday, January 07, 2017

The Impossible Detox

I see variations of the meme on social media all the time. Detox your life in 4 easy steps! Yes! 

No. 

What if the people who do this are family members? Co-workers? Church mates? Difficult people cannot always be as easily avoided as this meme makes it sound. 

Granted, I have been able to distance myself from people in the past who have done all these things. But, what does one do when one has no choice but to be with people who do these things on a regular basis?

Some days, I can shield myself to an extent. This is never easy for me. Being around these behaviors on a regular basis can make me physically ill. But, if I quit every organization or activity where folks do these things, I would not have much of a life outside my home! 

2017 will see me working to develop my defenses. I may have to get out of situations which become completely intolerable. And I want to learn how to better deal with difficult persons who cannot be avoided. 

Wish me luck. 

 

No comments:

Bah Humbug?

  I was messaging with a friend today and she said that she had some "Bah Humbug" going on, but she did not know why. That got me ...