Saturday, February 17, 2018

Random Musings

So far, February has been a largely "lost" month thanks to the flu. My poor husband spent his 64th birthday taking care of me instead of celebrating. I hope to make it up to him when I am all better. I did let him know that I would both still need him and feed him now that he has reached the age of the popular Beatles tune. 

Of course, the most frustrating thing for me is the sore throat/hoarseness/loss of voice. This has become an almost yearly "thing" for me and I have learned that the best way to deal with it is to just rest it and wait for my voice to come back. I haven't been to church all month. Not my norm.

There have been some positives. Being "in" gave me time to finish an art project that I had been working on for weeks. I have been looking for ways to "do" art with my eyes and hands giving me fits and I was very pleased with this collage. 

Another nice thing happening while I am down is the Winter Olympics. I am a figure skating fanatic and every 4 years I become a total couch potato for 2 weeks. I have also learned to enjoy curling of all things and I enjoy many of the other events as well. If I have to be down, I am thankful for this timing!

I am past ready to resume normal activities, but my doc tells me that may be a week or more away. I already have another art project going and another week of Olympics to watch.

I can manage. 

No comments:

Bah Humbug?

  I was messaging with a friend today and she said that she had some "Bah Humbug" going on, but she did not know why. That got me ...