Sunday, February 18, 2018

Promote What You Love

Facebook has a nice new feature that allows one to "snooze" a person or page for 30 days. 

I find myself using this feature, and the "unfollow but still stay friends" feature more and more these days. I am tired of people calling those who do not agree with them tacky names and posting mean memes about them on their public pages. 

I am also tired of seeing people who I know have needed financial help not that long ago, shaming other people for being poor and needing help. How quickly they forget. 

I am also tired of people posting things that simply are not true! Just because it is on Facebook does not mean it is carved in stone. Look on some of the fact-checking sites before blindly passing on garbage. 

Better yet, focus on the good stuff! What nice things are happening in your lives? Even in the bad times, there is usually at least one good thing that happens in a day. Post that! 

If you have not heard from me or I have not "liked" your posts, it probably has nothing to do with that so-called algorithm. I probably just need a break from the negativity for a while. 

I'm not saying I won't ever post anything negative. But, as much as it possible, I am going to focus on the good stuff. 


1 comment:

Jeanine H said...

Sorry, that was supposed to be a heart icon, LOL. The Internet lied to me. How could that be? ;-)

Bah Humbug?

  I was messaging with a friend today and she said that she had some "Bah Humbug" going on, but she did not know why. That got me ...