Friday, March 23, 2018

Winning?

Lately, on Facebook, I have been seeing a lot of posts about WINNING! It is all about this CHRISTIAN movie, BEATING another fine movie at the box office. Don't get me wrong, I am a Christian. But, this just does not seem to be a "Christian" attitude to me. Personally, I am happy when any movie that I can take children to does well!

Or the "my particular denomination is superior to YOUR denomination." As far as I can tell, Jesus was not a member of any particular church. I wonder what He would think of some Christians claiming superiority over other Christians? I am United Methodist, but I respect my friends of other denominations and other belief systems. 

Life is not a "zero-sum" game. It is possible to for things to be "win-win." I can be happy for my "side" and still be happy for yours (unless you happen to be an Alabama football fan!). 

Let's stop this obsession with winning and just be happy. 


No comments:

Bah Humbug?

  I was messaging with a friend today and she said that she had some "Bah Humbug" going on, but she did not know why. That got me ...