Friday, June 01, 2018

Mystery Meat

I have recently become reacquainted with a substance I have not voluntarily encountered since my school years. 

Mystery Meat 

I brought my own lunch in high school, so I had never really encountered mystery meat in all its gastronomic glory until I hit Hinds Junior College. Most of the patties were roughly the same size and shape, but some were beef, some were pork, and some were chicken. We had to ask just what flavor that particular generic looking patty was. Not that they tasted all that different from one another. One day we would have the original dry patty. The next day it might be covered with gravy, tomato sauce, and/or cheese, but was obviously a rehash of the previous days offering. 

Here at the nursing home, we have a generic burger patty. So far, it has been served with gravy, with cheese, with chopped tomatoes, etc over noodles, rice, or potatoes. These offerings take me back to college days. 

And when I get home, Lord willing, I’ll never eat mystery meat again! 

No comments:

Bah Humbug?

  I was messaging with a friend today and she said that she had some "Bah Humbug" going on, but she did not know why. That got me ...