Sunday, September 30, 2018

Purple

"Is this purple?" The man asked me, holding up some crepe paper, as I was passing by him in a craft store. "Yes", I replied. He thanked me, explaining that he was color blind. He was decorating a gold tree in purple, those colors being the team colors of his wife's alma mater, Alcorn State University. 

I left him to go get the few items I was looking for. Then I went and found the gentleman again. I told him that I had plenty of time and that I would be glad to hunt for purple things with him. He told me that I was an angel and we proceeded to find all manner of purple things for his wife's tree. As we looked, we chatted and found that we had some acquaintances in common and we talked about all manner of things. I never meet a stranger. 

After we had secured tiny purple clothespins, purple pipe cleaners, purple beads, purple feathers, and a purple boa, it was decided that there was finally enough to trim this Alcorn tree. I wish I had exchanged phone numbers as I would have loved to have seen the finished product. I hope his wife approved. 

As an artist of sorts, I can't imagine not being able to see and identify colors. I am so glad that I was in the right place at the right time to go on this entertaining purple expedition. 



No comments:

Bah Humbug?

  I was messaging with a friend today and she said that she had some "Bah Humbug" going on, but she did not know why. That got me ...