Thursday, September 06, 2018

Feeding Critters

My husband feeds critters. 

If it walks, runs, waddles, or wanders into our yard, my husband is going to feed it. 

I have often wondered what people would think if they came into our house when we were not here and saw bags of doggie treats...and no dogs. But, Bill keeps them on hand for the neighbor dogs who have been known to come right in and make themselves at home if the door happens to be open. This has been going on pretty much since we moved to our home 33 years ago. 

Bill does not stop at just feeding dogs, though. He has been known to feed the geese from down the road when they occasionally waddle into our yard. He had a squirrel who would sit on the feeder and eat out of his hand. 

Recently, I noticed that the $6.00 a bag shelled walnuts that I buy for Bill seemed to be going faster than usual. When asked about this, my husband replied that he was now sharing his walnuts. He has to feed the chipmunks that come up to our back steps their breakfast! They come and get it every morning. I'm looking for a cheaper source of shelled walnuts!

If you are hungry, come on over. I'm sure my husband will feed you too. 


No comments:

Bah Humbug?

  I was messaging with a friend today and she said that she had some "Bah Humbug" going on, but she did not know why. That got me ...