Monday, November 19, 2018

That RED stuff!

One Thanksgiving, when my brother was just a tot, he looked at his dinner and asked where the "red stuff" was. 

Puzzled, my parents and grandmother began trying to figure out what this "red stuff" was. Ketchup? No. Cherries? No. Spiced apples? No. None of those were the "red stuff" my brother was looking for. 

Finally, it was discovered that the cranberry sauce was not on the table. Mamaw found the can in the refrigerator, opened it, and put it on its little crystal tray. 

My brother apparently lit up like a Christmas tree and pointed to the cranberry sauce. THIS was the RED STUFF he had been wanting. 

Now, every Thanksgiving, we tease him about his red stuff. I don't believe it has ever been forgotten since that particular Thanksgiving Day. 

Make sure you have your "red stuff" and Happy Thanksgiving! 


No comments:

Bah Humbug?

  I was messaging with a friend today and she said that she had some "Bah Humbug" going on, but she did not know why. That got me ...