Sunday, May 10, 2020

Jane

I have often heard the expression, "When God made _____, He broke the mold." Never has that expression been more true than in the case of my friend Jane. 

I did not meet Jane until just a few years ago, when I was introduced to her by a mutual friend while we were at one of the Metropolitan Opera Simulcasts at Tinseltown. If I recall correctly, the opera was Madame Butterfly and it was a lovely production. 

Jane and I ended up in a book club together and that is where we really bonded. Jane reminded me a lot of my mother, who passed away in 1990. Jane said what she thought and would try anything...at least once. As someone who tends to worry about what others think, Jane's fearlessness was fun to be around. 

I am going to miss picking her up for political meetings and smoothies at the Coffee House Cafe. I am going to miss her love and acceptance of me. She loved me for me and not just for what I could do for her. The older I get, the more precious that has become. 

Jane passed away on March 20th and I still can't quite wrap my head around the fact that she is gone. I see things every day that I want to share with her and it is all I can do not to post something that would have tickled her to her Facebook wall. 

Due to the COVID-19 restrictions, a proper memorial could not be held and that makes grieving more complicated. I hope to be at least be able to raise a socially distant glass with her son and daughter before too terribly long. 

Rest in peace, Jane. 

Cheers. 



No comments:

Bah Humbug?

  I was messaging with a friend today and she said that she had some "Bah Humbug" going on, but she did not know why. That got me ...