Friday, May 15, 2020

Spoiled

I will be the first to admit that Amazon Prime has spoiled me. I do shop small businesses here in town, but some things I can only get by mail order. I got way too used to that speedy delivery, although I often traded some of that speed for credits towards e-books for my Kindle. Even then, I usually received things within a week.

Enter COVID-19. Speedy shipping is not always guaranteed due to necessities taking precedence. I am OK with that. I want medical supplies and masks to get to those who need them. I can wait on my craft supplies, print books, and kitchen things. But, when it took 3 weeks to get my printer ink (Office Max seldom has the high yield black cartridge for my Epson Workforce printer) it got a little dicey. I was watching those ink levels daily, saving print jobs for the things that were absolutely necessary. I was also almost out of paper, but it was actually delivered within 3 days. Go figure. 

If this virus has taught me anything it is that I am privileged beyond belief. It has taught me to conserve resources more carefully. To be extra thankful for those who work to get me the things I don't just need, but want. 

I almost did a happy dance when those ink cartridges arrived. But, I decided against it. 

I didn't want to add the cost of a visit to the ER to the already hideously expensive ink! 


No comments:

Bah Humbug?

  I was messaging with a friend today and she said that she had some "Bah Humbug" going on, but she did not know why. That got me ...