Wednesday, December 22, 2021

The Call of the Christmas Cookie

 

I can't remember the last time I made Christmas cookies. I used to make gorgeous cookies and enjoyed giving them away, but it just got to be too much for me physically. But today, I decided that I needed some Christmas cookies. 

Fortunately, I had a sugar cookie mix, some cream cheese icing in a can, and I found some Christmas sprinkles in my cabinet. I didn't get fancy. No rolling out of dough or using cookie cutters. I just dropped the dough on the cookie sheet. I opened my can of frosting and put a liberal dollop on top of each cookie. Then I began to try to sprinkle tiny green trees on top of the icing. However, I was unaware that the top  of the little red ball sprinkles (this is one of those containers with several different types of sprinkles) had popped open as well. 

I have already found two of these in my slipper. Several somehow made it several feet to land under the table. Some have rolled under the cabinets. I have a feeling I will be picking up little red balls until my housekeeper comes back in January! 

I have been trying not to eat as many sweets this holiday season. But sometimes, you just have to have a Christmas cookie. 



No comments:

Bah Humbug?

  I was messaging with a friend today and she said that she had some "Bah Humbug" going on, but she did not know why. That got me ...