Thursday, March 22, 2007

Katie


I recently got an e-mail from our oldest niece, Katie. She is my husband's older brother's oldest child. If I recall correctly, she was 4 when I married my husband, just a little pixie with brown eyes and bangs.

Katie and I connected. We both loved music. We both valued comfort over style when it came to clothing. She loved her Aunt Karen.

Then, her parents divorced. Katie disappeared into a lifestyle of bad companions and bad choices. Never being allowed to make her own choices as a child due to a controlling, mentally ill mother, Katie struggled for several years. I did not hear much from her. But, I never stopped loving her or praying for her.

Thankfully, those prayers have been answered. Katie now has a paralegal degree and is joining a law firm next week. She has found a life partner. She plays guitar with a band on weekends. Katie has finally made a good life for herself.

And her auntie is proud.


3 comments:

auntie-c said...

oh... you should be proud.

love you,
c

SuziQoregon said...

Congratulations to Katie :-)

Eleanor said...

YAY for Katie!!! Everybody needs a cheerleader, and you sis-bah-boomed her just perfectly!

Bah Humbug?

  I was messaging with a friend today and she said that she had some "Bah Humbug" going on, but she did not know why. That got me ...