Monday, April 02, 2007

Holy Week


This week is one of my favorite weeks of the entire year. The week that we Christians relive the last week of the life of Jesus. The week that we go from triumphant entry into Jerusalem, to the Last Supper, the Crucifixion, and finally the Glorious Resurrection on Easter Sunday.

And this week, I will sing the "Via Dolorosa" at a local Episcopal church for the 17th year in a row on Good Friday. It is the most moving service of the entire year for me. The altar is stripped of adornment, save a rough wooden cross. Everyone enters and leaves in silence.

This week always reminds me that there is light at the end of every tunnel. I just have to walk through the darkness in faith.


No comments:

Bah Humbug?

  I was messaging with a friend today and she said that she had some "Bah Humbug" going on, but she did not know why. That got me ...