Saturday, March 01, 2008

Blowout


I had a blowout yesterday. Not on my van tire, but my scooter tire.

I can't complain. I have had my little red scooter since 2001 and this is the first problem I have ever had with a tire. I was cruising around Borders, just having a grand old time. I headed over to the coffee shop part of the store to get my friend Sharon some dark chocolate covered coffee beans for a happy, got almost to the rack, and my scooter would not stop!

I had visions of having to pay for an entire rack of cheesy mugs and various coffee related treats and having to return my CD's of Wicked, You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown, and Once Upon a Mattress to the shelves so that I would have the money to do so!

Fortunately, my scooter stopped about an inch away from said rack. The young coffee shop attendant and I both breathed a sigh of relief. I looked down at my tire and it was a pitiful, sideways sight.

Of course, my van with the lift required to load my scooter was half a mall away at Belk where I had previously made an unsuccessful search for dress pants. Why are dress pants that FIT so hard to find? Fortunately, the attendant was able to contact the security guard, who gave me a lift back to my van. Then I had the adventure of trying to maneuver my very UN-maneuverable scooter into the back of it.

All this exercise made me hungry, so I went through the drive-thru at Chick-fil-A and got myself and the friend who was waiting for me to pick her up at the hospital a sandwich and some of those yummy waffle fries. I am on a constant diet and very seldom eat fries, but I decided to indulge.

So, what happens next? The car in front of me slams on brakes, causing me to have to do the same. ALL of those lovely, golden, hot waffle fries went tumbling out of the bag and onto my not so clean floor.

French Fries $1.19
New Scooter Tire $50.00

Being able to see the humor in the situation...

Priceless


2 comments:

Melissa Foster Denney said...

ROFLOL~ I'm sorry you had such a bad day, and glad you could find humor in it.

fiona said...

coughing a lung up 'cause you've made me laugh so much. Glad you could laugh about it despite losing ALL those waffle fries..ugh..

So let's see.. a burst tire in Borders' bookstore of all places.. do you think El was trying to tell you something dear friend!!???

Hugs to you sweetie for making me smile today!

Bah Humbug?

  I was messaging with a friend today and she said that she had some "Bah Humbug" going on, but she did not know why. That got me ...